[Zope] Re: Intel vs AMD

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:43:31 -0800

I was wondering about this...

It turns out pystones uses clock(), which is CPU time used (on Unix
systems). It other words, it shouldn't matter if you run 1 or 10 at once,
you'll get the same answer. In terms of benchmarking python, this is great
since it makes the test results stable.

But you'll need a different benchmark to test multitasking/SMP situations.