[Zope] MSWordDocument and Logictran's R2NET

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:01:08 -0000

--On 17 December 2002 14:56 +0800 "Jose Angelo P. Abarentos"
<jiggs@mac.com> wrote:

> That sound's cool. I'll check it out.

I beat you to it - it looks extremely cool. After a bit
of tweaking I have r2net on Windows converting Word
docs with complicated equations to HTML in one fell
swoop. Putting Zope in front of it should not be
a big deal (as it offers a command line interface).

See
<http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/logictran/logictran.html>
and
<http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/logictran/logictran.doc>
for the original.

> I actually have found another alternative to MSWordDocument called
> NuxDocument which support othewr formats too.

I found (about a year ago now) that wvWare-based products
couldn't handle graphics/equations very well but things
might have developed a bit. Certainly Open Office 1.0
was able to open the logictran.doc and _almost_ render
it correctly - so NuxDocument and the OO plug-in might
be able to compete with r2net with really horrid Word
files.

> I will try this on first and see if it solves my problem.

Let the list know how you get on ....

Paul