[Zope] local characters and ParsedXML

Juan Manuel Ruiz Garcia juanm_ruiz@yahoo.es
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:38:35 +0100

hmmm looks complicated (I mean, I need a quick solution)...

maybe using XML Transform to see the modified XML doc?
In fact, what I want is just present/check modified data, I can write it
into the parsedXML doc with this special chars with my Python methods...

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Dennis Allison [mailto:allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU]
Enviado el: martes, 17 de diciembre de 2002 15:55
Para: juanm_ruiz@yahoo.es; zope@zope.org
Asunto: Re: [Zope] local characters and ParsedXML

You might try setting your browser to display UTF-8.

Take a look at the mix-in class, DOMIO, in the ParsedXML source,
MangeableDOM.py.  Internally ParsedXML works in Unicode and evaluates
all entity references to their Unicode equivalent.  When the ParsedXML
renders the text into the <textarea> of the form, it does not recreate
entity references from the internal representation but writes the
character itself in a representation your browser does not understand.

I think the right solution would be to override DOMIO with methods to
recreate entity references from the Unicode source so that only ASCII
characters appear in the <textarea>.

Copa del Mundo de la FIFA 2002
El único lugar de Internet con vídeos de los 64 partidos.
¡Apúntante ya! en http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/es/