[Zope] API for Zope cacheing

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:41:45 +0100

Felix Ulrich-Oltean writes:
 > Is there an API for using Zope's cacheing machinery from python
 > products?
Look at the methods provided by a RAMCacheManager.
I would use my "DocFinder" (<http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>)

 > Specifically, I have a subclass of SimpleUserFolder which calls 20+ SQL
 > statements every time it's called just to work out the user's details -
 > this is all very cacheable and I can see that Zope provides various
 > caches - there are some useful-looking methods in RAMCacheManager.py,
 > but I was wondering if there is a 'known' way to do it.
You may also consider caching the Z SQL Methods (controlled via
their "Advanced" tab).
Do not forget to invalidate the cache, when you add/change users.
This can be done by editing the Z SQL Method or by using
my "CacheControlled ZSQL Methods" (see above, for the URL).

Dieter