[Zope] Transparent Folder problem on windows

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:44:45 +0100

Shashank Ashtikar writes:
 > I have an instance of product say 'SomeInstance' inside this I have a transparent
 > folder as 'Programs' which is containing dtml and python script files which I need.
 >
 > If I type the path as follows
 >
 > "http://localhost:8080/SomeInstance/scriptname" this works on linux perfectly fine( I use
 > mozilla as well as galeon for managing zope server ) but when I type the same path on
 > a windows m/c using IE 6.0, IE throws an error saying
 >
 > "can not locate "http://localhost:8080/SomeInstance/scriptname"
 >
 > if I modify the path as follows then it works.
 >
 > "http://localhost:8080/SomeInstance/Programs/scriptname"
 >
 > can some one tell me why this is hapening and is there a solution to solve this problem.
Are you sure, you installed "TransparentFolder" in your Windows
installation?

It seems that you did not or that it is not working under Windows.
Go to "Control Panel --> Product Management --> Transparent Folder"
and see whether you find there any hint (a "Traceback" tab).

If that does not give you a glue, activate Zope logging (-->
"Doc/LOGGING.txt"), restart and look into the log file.

Dieter