[Zope] My Zope is leaking memory ... Still no luck. (PythonSc ript bug)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:09:51 +0100

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca writes:
 > Well, I tried to look at the PythonScript issue, and it looks like there's
 > definitely something "odd" going on here ...
 >
 > As Jo suggested, I tried "cleaning out" my variables at the end of my Python
 > Scripts ... I didn't do this for ALL of them though, just the most used
 > ones, which actually aren't CMF related (Search Engine is one) ...
 >
 > And now what happens is the memory grows, BUT, at some point, the Zope
 > process DIES with a SIG11 (Aieeee!), restarts, and voila, of course, the
 > memory is clean.
Are you sure, you use Python 2.1.3 and at least Zope 2.4.4 or 2.5.1?

If you do, I would be very astonished when explicit clearing of
Python script variables were still necessary. (We do not clear
any Python script variables and do not see disturbing leaks).

Dieter