[Zope] RE: how to test connection speed on external zope server

Roel Van den Bergh roel@planetinterior.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:08:01 +0100

Hi all,

Kevin,
Already tried JMeter, lots of trouble installing on W2k.
Got it working but couldn't quite figure out how to read output -> I'm a
No-Tech :-(
Those stats and graphs are not very readable to ordinary users.

I do not kknow how to implement this within Zope or serve to my users as a
statistics page

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Carlson [mailto:khcarlso@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 2:19 AM
To: roel@planetinterior.com; zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] how to test connection speed on external zope server

You can try JMeter available from
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/index.html.

Dieter,
with 'connection speed' I mean real numbers on download-upload.
For example I'm working with ADSL, witch means (in my case) 128 KB down,
20KB up.
Our Zope server is located elsewhere in a data warehouse to "ensure" faster
access.

I know some sites have online "speedometers" like
http://speedtest.zdnet.be/zdnet/default.asp?LanguageCode=be? (this is a
Dutch one)
wich messures your current connection to the internet and other sites.