[Zope] High CPU usage on ExtFile objects?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:49:14 +0100

Ben Chapman writes:
 > We're running our law school web-site on Zope 2.4.3 (source release,
 > python 2.1, linux2). Zope is running through Apache pcgi.
Drop it in favour of mod_proxy/rewrite rule integration
(though it probably is unrelated to your current problem).

 > Our Data.fs is about 130MB in size. In addition we have two large
 > directories of external image/external file objects. Occasionally, we
 > see CPU usage shoot to 99.9% when attempting to view large (up to 8MB in
 > size) PDFs stored as ExtFile objects in these folders.
This is not really big.

When you can reproduce the problem, activate Zope's profiling
and see where it spends its time.

Dieter