[Zope] Help with Authentication and Zope 2.6

Mills Mr C P C.P.Mills@rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:43:31 -0000

HELP!!!

I have just upgraded one of my servers to Zope 2.6.0 and am having problems
with authentication.

I have a simple requirement that one folder requires a username and password
to access it's contents. I have created a single username and password (as
this is all that is required) is acl_users and in the security tab of that
folder on the 'view' permission, unchecked 'aquire permissions setting' and
checked 'authenticated'. When I attempt to access the resource, I get
prompted for a username and password three times, before it croaks with an
error usually 'You are not allowed to access <something> in this context'.

This worked fine in 2.5.1. Am I missing something obvious? I know I am
entering the username/password correctly as I have also tried my admin
account which I use in the ZMI.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Many thanks

Chris Mills