[Zope] privileges problem

Catonano a.peluso@fulltrading.it
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:55:47 +0100

Chris,

On 22 Dec 2002 18:51:54 -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Shane Hathaway's VerboseSecurity product is helpful in making this sort
> of thing much less mysterious:
>
> http://hathaway.freezope.org/Software/VerboseSecurity

Downloaded and frantically found the products folder, I get this
message from the terminal, when launching zope:

2002-12-21T00:50:42 INFO(0) VerboseSecurity Unable to patch
PermissionRole. Put ZOPE_SECURITY_POLICY=PYTHON in the environment to
enable display of permission names in Unauthorized exceptions.

Since I'm a lazy old style Mac user I can't deal with unix enviroinment
variables.

Well this is not the right place for this but since we're at it, would
you suggest me a way to put this setting on?

Thanks so much (what's the smiley for the gratitude?)
Catonano