[Zope] The "undo" posibility and the size of data.fs

borge@tsar.no borge@tsar.no
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:22:35 +0100

Hei

we have with zope developed a multiple choice test
which employees can access over the internet. This
works fine. However, each time an employee submits
an answer, the size of the file data.fs increases
much more than we would expect(3kB). The answer is
stored on the emlpoyee object.

We now do wonder if zope's "undo" possibility is an
explanation to this large increase in data.fs; this
since zope holds the states inbetween the transactions
(four transactions for each question).If it is this
undo possibility that causes the large increase in
data.fs, we would like to know if it is possible to
get around this "undo" tracking af zope. If it is not,
we would also very much like to know how we could
find out what other reason there is to the large
increase in data.fs. I have exported the employee
object to xml to see what is there stored, but all
there looks normal.

Best wishes and kind regards from

Børge Kjeldstad