[Zope] Content Management

pskipworth@touchcorp.com pskipworth@touchcorp.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:12:05 +1100

Why not just have the script ask for their location from a dropdown list
(let's assume it's US State, for example...), and have it submit to an
External Method.

This method could then simply...

filename = "/my/data/directory/" + REQUEST['state']
file = open (filename, 'a')
file.write[whatever]
file.close()

-----Original Message-----
From: dmidd@chartermi.net [mailto:dmidd@chartermi.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 24 December 2002 3:53 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Content Management

I need to be able to have many people collaborate on a project where
they
could send me text data delivered to a specific file that is assigned
according to their geographic area.  From that text file I will then
utilize
a python script to organize the text into XML for a book type
publication.
I am not sure if I should just collect the data in Zope, and then place
it
in Apache where scripts could manipulate the text for XML.  I know that
Python and Apache work very well for the XML conversion and XSLT.  My
main
question is how would I design a form in Zope that would deliver the
text
file to that specific file listed above. Any suggestions would be
helpful.
Thanks