[Zope] Re: Z3

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1041171857.1585ed@bitdance.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:24:15 -0500

Beno writes:
>Anybody know when the approximate release date is for Z3?

Jim has said Alpha 1 *will* be cut on the 30th.  Of course, this
assumes we didn't break it too badly to fix in the Great Renaming <grin>.

Keep in mind that this is a very early *alpha*.  Its purpose is to
provide a known base against which developers can try to write some
basic apps, so we can find out what needs fixed/added/documented.
Among other things, it is going to be *slow*.  And it will in no
way be backward compatible with Z2, at this stage.

--RDM