[Zope] Newbie: max. size of REQUEST form variables?

Anthony Monta apbmonta@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:10:48 -0800 (PST)

Hola Zopistas,

Is there a limit to the size of form variables you can
pass to
REQUEST?  I have a custom zclass (an academic vita)
I'd like users to
edit without looking at the management screens for its
instances.  So
I set up form/edit methods in the class but then found
the following
problem:

1. if I populated all the variables of the vita object
with the
properties management view, all the properties showed
up correctly in
the non-management-view form.  well and good.

2. however, if I then changed anything in that
non-management-view
form, submitted it, and then directed the browser back
to the
index_html view of the changed vita object, something
choked on the
first big textarea variable ("essays").  the resulting
index_html
truncates the essays field, and no other variables
subsequent to
essays gets passed to REQUEST and updated.

This is driving me batty.  Can anyone help?

Anthony