[Zope] Newbies & variables

Gary Learned learned@talentsinc.net
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:21:42 -0600

In working thru the examples in the Zope Web Applications book, it is
demonstrating the use of python scripts. I have the following code
elements:

myhome.html:

<dtml-let page_body="'myhome.stx'">
  <dtml-var standard_dtml_wrapper>
</dtml-let>

standard_dtml_wrapper:

	<head>
		<title><dtml-var title_or_id></title>
	</head>
		<dtml-var banner>
		<dtml-call choose_page_body>

And finally, choose_page_body (type script)

from Products.PythonScripts.standard import special_formats

if page_body :
  if page_body[-4] == ".stx" :
    return special_formats['structured-text'](_[page_body])
  else :
    return _[page_body]
else :
  return default_page

In thiscase, I also bound namespace=_

My problem is that when trying to view this, I get an error on page_body
indicating that the python script knows nothing about it. Since this is
all originating from within the <dtml-let> block, I thought it would
carry thru. Since it isn't, how do I fix this?