[Zope] authenticating over XML-RPC to implement the Blogger API

Nathan Sain njsain@antler.oursc.k12.ar.us
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:19:34 -0600 (CST)

Hello Everyone,
I've got a problem and was wondering if anyone on this list my have some
insight as to howto solve it.  I want to implement a the Blogger XML-RPC API to allow users
to add content toa Zope site (the API is here http://plant.blogger.com/api/index.html).  It
requires that theusername and password be sent as parameters in each function call.  is it
possible to hookinto Zopes authentication scheme via a external method or python script?
I've also noticedthat it could be possible to grab the username and password from the
XML-RPC call whenZPublisher calls request.processInputs(), but I don't know how Zope
authenticates the userthis may be to late in the process to try and fudge with the request
object.  Has anyone elsedone user authentication via parameters?

Any help would be appreciated
--

Nathan Sain