[Zope] Filesystem Directory View - limited choices

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:27:20 +0000

Adam Fields wrote:

> I'm trying to add a filesystem directory view object to the root
> folder. My only choices for "directory" are all subdirs of
> "Products". The directory I want to use exists under the Zope install
> directory (alongside Products).
>
> Choosing one of the choices and changing it later in the properties
> section of the filesystem object results in no objects found in the
> folder.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, they're only supposed to be used as part of the CMF, however, what you're
trying coudl work.

You need to call registerDirectory with the path you want to use. That probably
needs to be in an external method.

Beyond that, best ask on the zope-cmf@zope.org list...

cheers,

Chris