[Zope] rendering of html

Smith, Neil Neil.Smith@npower.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:08:20 -0000

Paz wrote:
> Feel free to tell me this is a stupid idea, but for sake of clean
> sources after rendering a page in Zope, could it be possible to indent
> the contents of a var statement?

I wouldn't say it was totally stupid, but it just isn't feasable.  Consider
all the other constructs <dtml-in> <dtml-if> etc..  Hopefully you will
indent these in your DTML, but then in your "clean sources" you probably
would not want their output indenting.  It is too vague as to what it should
do, and it doesn't affect the resulting displayed html anyway, so who cares.
I would argue that for the sake of compactness of the html produced it
should just admit that the indenting is going to go to hell and strip it all
off.

Neil Smith

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error and you must not copy, disseminate, distribute, use or take any action as a result of the information contained in it.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify postmaster@npower.com (UK 01384 275454) and delete it immediately from your system.

Neither Npower nor any of the other companies in the Innogy group from whom this e-mail originates accept any responsibility for losses or damage as a result of any viruses and it is your responsibility to check attachments (if any) for viruses.

Npower Limited
Registered office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB. Registered in England and Wales: number 3653277

This e-mail may be sent on behalf of a member of the Innogy plc group of companies.