[Zope] zope, python, and double underscores

Adam Garratt adam@trdlnk.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:37:35 -0600

hi.

can anyone tell me why in the world zope gives me these snide

        "__init__" is an invalid variable name because it starts with "_"
        "__repr__" is an invalid variable name because it starts with "_"
        "__name__" is an invalid variable name because it starts with "_"

errors when i try to run a script that works outside of zope.  i'm
relatively new to zope, and very new to python.  nevertheless, i know
that i'm using __init__, __name__, and __repr__ correctly.

thanks,
adam