[Zope] Form gets erased after 'View' and back button in ZMI

Robin Smidsrod robin@www-norge.no
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:54:53 +0100 (CET)

This is best explained with an example.

I edit a DTML Method. I press 'save changes'. ZMI says there
is something wrong with the code, I press the 'back' button in my browser.
IE then reports that the page is expired and I have to press refresh
to get the contents of the form back. The edits I just made, which
caused the error is gone and the form reverts to the last saved values for
this document. I want to be able to see the cached page which includes the
values I previously entered into the form (which had errors).

This is probably some setting in Internet
Explorer regarding caching and use of proxy, but I can't quite get the
correct settings set.

I've tried to add a Cache Manager object, but this has been removed again.

I use IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient.010817-1148, WinXP Professional,
squid-2.4.STABLE1-6.

I don't think the proxy is wrong, because I experience the
same behaviour when I turn it off in the browser.

My IE cache settings is set to 'Check for newer versions of stored
pages: Every visit to the page'. I've tried it on 'automatically',
with and without proxy, but this doesn't help.
I've tried the other options too, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Am I missing something here?

-- Robin

PS: Mozilla 0.9.8 seems to do the right thing, so it's definitly a browser
"problem".