[Zope] Broken page templates in 2.5.0

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:26:40 +0100

benpc@widemedia.com writes:
 > I have just installed a vanilla source build of Zope 2.5.0 and all the included page templates are broken. If I click on one in the ZMI, or call a page template page I get a PTRuntimeError with the following traceback:
 >
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >     (Object: index_html)
 >   File /var/zope/2-5-0/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/PageTemplate.py, line 76, in pt_render
 >     (Object: index_html)
 > PTRuntimeError: Page Template index_html has errors.
There are people that do not want to read error messages ;-)

  The error message tells you unambiguously:
  "Page Template index_html has errors".

  Thus, you should look at this page template to find out what errors it has...

But maybe, I am a bit sarcastic:

  You report that you also get an error when you click at a page template.
  What error is that (it won't be "Page Template index_html has errors"!).

  Did you check the "Traceback" tab in "Control_Panel"->"Product Management"
  -> "Page Templates". It is good, if there is none.

Dieter