[Zope] Authentication from within External Methods

Marc O. Sandlus marc@sandlus.de
12 Feb 2002 11:19:11 +0100

Hello,

> That said, you sound pretty stressed out and maybe that contributes to the
> shrillness of your message.  Zope isn't for everyone.  It doesn't seem to be

Today, it's sunny again and I am just happy to have solved my problem.
It's just that I lost one day for nothing.

> for you.  It sounds like you'd be better off with something from Microsoft.

That's funny, because I got the impression that Zope is more and more
evolving towards a Mircosoft product: everything is hidden behind the
webfrontend and the user doesn't know what Zope is doing.
Now I know that if you really want to work with Zope, you have to work
with its sources. But that's just the opposite of what Zope claims (in
The Zope Book), so I am a little bit disappointed here (not because I
have to work with the sources, but because Zope is misleading people on
that matter)

Thanks for your patience with me (I expected a harsher reaction from you
;-)

Marc