[Zope] Editing via FTP

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:02:31 +0100

e.frerich@nord-com.net writes:
 > Hi, I'm using jedit 3.2.2 to edit files via FTP. With DTML
 > Documents everything goes fine. But if I edit Python files or Z SQL
 > Methods and store the files back into Zope they change to DTML
 > Documents.
Chris already pointed you to the "PUT_factory".

Apparently, your FTP editor has an additional problem:

  It seems to rename the object being edited, store the new
  object and then delete the renamed one.

  That is very bad, as the FTP editable content is only part of
  the Zope objects.
  The approach above loses all other aspects of the object:
  properties, history, security settings, ...

See whether you can configure your FTP client not to rename the object
but modify it in place. Otherwise, you probably should look for
an alternative that can be configured that way.

Dieter