[Zope] Re: [Zope-Perl] Working with Perl Methods and Z SQL Method

Robin Smidsrod robin@etools.no
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:38:22 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Fischer Ulrich wrote:

> > Can anybody show me a working example of a PerlMethod and a Z SQL Method
> > working together? With argument-parsing and some small arithmetic on the
> > results. Everything in Perl of course...
> >
> > Somehow I cannot manage to get the
> > argument parsing correct and the sql-results into something useful. I only
> > get KeyErrors and NameErrors...
>
> I normaly use external Perl-scrips combined with the DBI-Module. This
> works fine.

What do you do with the connection-time penalty and DBI connection
persistence? To start up a new DB-connection everytime would be far to
expensive.

Do you know if there is a howto for zope-perl something like
http://www.zope.org/Members/TWilson/ZSQL_and_Python_Scripts?
It looks good, but it's of course python, and I don't know that much python.

-- Robin