[Zope] 2.5 upgrade, Sessions - too clever for myself

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:14:12 -0500

On 13 Feb 2002 at 10:01, Chris McDonough wrote:

> One thing to try here is to get into the Zope debugger to delete the
> offending hook and the session data manager that caused it:

I don't think the hook was the problem.  The symptons are

1. The REQUEST.SESSION instance has a getSessionData() method only if the server
has been restarted without a session_data_manager instance.

That is, if the server is working, then I restart it, then REQUEST.SESSION won't have a
getSessionData() method. However if I delete /session_data_manager and restart, it
then works again.

2. But worse, it seems that after about 20 minutes ( the default timeout for the storage
object), the same problem appears. SESSION loses the getSessionData() method
once the timeout specified in /temp_folder/session_data has expired.

--

My client was really upset, so I couldn't experiment any longer. My solution was to
remove the 2.5 provided Session product and install CST 0.9. It's working now.

--

Naturally I'd still like to figure this out, how can I help diagnose this? I think it's the
transient storage container..

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements