[Zope] update_data()

Bryan C. Andregg bryan.andregg@duke.edu
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:41:27 -0500

--9l24NVCWtSuIVIod

I'm writing a python Script that handles user uploaded files (among other
things). I'd like users to be able to overwrite files and looking at the API
update_data() appears to be what I want. I did notice the caveat that it was
callable by Python only, but no good explaination as to whether this meant
just External Methods or Scripts or something else.

And, sure enough when I try and use the Script I'm shown a login box and as=
ked
for authentication (even when the admin already). When I cannot authenticate
I'm told that I don't have the proper permissions.

So, there are two questions here,

1. just what is allowed to call update_data()

2. is there something else that I can call instead?

Cheers,
--=20
Bryan C. Andregg		Duke University Medical Center
 Programmer			Dept. of Anesthesiology
 e <bryan.andregg@duke.edu>
 p +1 919 684 6201

--9l24NVCWtSuIVIod