[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0?, one step ahead

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:49:30 +0100

Hello Chris and others

The sun is shining and a little experimenting brought me a little further.
The problem seems to be in the data.fs, and probably not in the dns-lookup.

I removed the 2.5.0 installation completely and installed 2.4.3 again.
It worked fine in an new installation, the authentication popup showed
immediately.
Then i added the data.fs from the 2.4.1 production server (yes, i did
remove the indices)
Again, it worked fine, the authentication popup showed immediately.

Then i removed 2.4.3 completely.
With a fresh 2.5.0 installion and a fresh data.fs it worked fine.
Conclusion: nothing wrong with dns
Then i added the data.fs. from the 2.4.1 production server, and there the
problem was again.
A slow popup, 24 seconds to appear.

New idea 1: updating via 2.4.3
add old 2.4.1 data.fs to 2.4.3 test server, pack it, and add the result to
the 2.5.0 test server
>From 2.4.1 to 2.4.3 the size went from 5.5 to 6.1 mb. When i packed it it
was again 5.5 mb
But when i added the 2.4.3 data.fs to the 2.5.0 installation the problem
was there again.

New idea 2: updating via export
That is what i am going to do now, but this takes quite an effort.
May be somebody has another idea?

Hans de Wit
Stichting Farmaceutische Kengetallen
Postbus 30460
2500 GL  DEN HAAG
Tel. 070-3737448
Fax 070-3737445

                    Chris
                    McDonough            To:     H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
                    <chrism@zope.        cc:     zope@zope.org
                    com>                 Subject:     Re: [Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0?
                    Sent by:
                    zope-admin@zo
                    pe.org

                    13-02-02
                    04:08 PM

Can your machine resolve its own hostname other than localhost?  For
example, if your machine is named "frobnitz", can "frobnitz" be resolved?

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com