[Zope] manage_changeProperties self help

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:58:34 +0100

David Kyte writes:
 > I have a similar problem - except using a python script.
 > The counter property is in the paren folder.
 >
 > n = context.counter
 > n=n+1
 > context.manage_changeProperties( counter=n )
 >
 > context.manage_addDocument( 'N' + str(n) , '' )
 >
 > return RESPONSE.redirect( 'MainNotes' )
And you are sure, that "context" is the object with
"counter" as property?

If this is not the case, then you can get "counter" by
acquisition, but "manage_changeProperty" may come from
another object without a "counter" property.

I can assure you: "manage_changeProperties" usually works as
it should...

Dieter