[Zope] Virtual Host Moster w/ Apache.

Derek Simkowiak dereks@realloc.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:07:45 -0800 (PST)

-> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
->         RewriteEngine   On
->         RewriteLog      "/var/log/apache/rewrite_log"
->         RewriteLogLevel 0
->         RewriteRule     ^/local/ - [L]
->         RewriteRule     ^/(.*) http://www.riverspirit.ca:9673/riverspirit.ca/$1 [P]
-> </IfModule>

	Hmm... I don't know anything about VirtualHostMonster, but
following the instructions in one of my Zope books I have the following
VirtualHost entry for use w/VirtualHostMonster:

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>

        ServerName www.mydomain.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster@mydomain.com
        ServerAlias mydomain.com *.mydomain.com

        ErrorLog logs/mydomain.com-error_log
        CustomLog logs/mydomain.com-access_log common

#       RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/rewrite.log
#       RewriteLogLevel 2

        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://1.2.3.4:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.mydomain.com:80/my_domains_folder/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]
        # This should _never_ be reached.
        DocumentRoot /www/docs/host.some_domain.com

</VirtualHost>

	Notice that my rewrite rule includes "VirtualHostBase" and
"VirtualHostRoot", which I believe are required for VirtualHostMonster.
Your rewrite rule had no such information, which may be why it's failing.

Thanks,
Derek