[Zope] Does Zope translate http-equiv statements?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:23:10 +0100

From: "Richard Barrett" <R.Barrett@ftel.co.uk>
> Just to add my 2 pennyworth to the discussion: looking at the following
URL
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#edef-META#edef-META, it
> says:

[...]

"may", "could"...

> Don't you just love standards :)

Yes. Especially when they actually standardize something. :-)

"The good thing with standards are that there are so many to choose from."

Anyway, if anybody is interested, the full monty is this:

1. Zope does not translate http-equiv meta tags.
2. The W3C P3P validator accepts P3P http-equiv meta tags.
3. IE6 does not accepts P3P http-equiv meta tags, nor should it, according
to the the view of people on the w3c privacy list.
4. The W3C P3P validator accepts P3P tags with single quotes.
5. IE6 does not accepts P3P tags with single quotes, nor should it,
according to the P3P standard.

So, today I found two bugs in the W3C validator. These bugs have robbed me
of at least 8 productive working hours. :-/