[Zope] slow authentication popup in 2.5.0: dtml-sendmail in standard_error_message on winnt 4

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:27:19 +0100

>AFAIK Hans is doing all this testing on a Windows 98 machine, not his
>production system, so it's reasonable that he'd experience differences
>between his production setup and his test setup.

It is a windows nt machine not a w98.

More testing: Clean installations, only with a mailhost
it is de <dtml-sendmail> in the standard_error_message that does it.
Removing it from the standard_error_message
makes the authentication popup show immediately.
In 2.4.3 the <dtml-sendmail> is not causing a pauze in the authentication
popup to show.

I took a different machine, also a windows nt 4.0 machine.
The same.

Then i tested it on our production server (don't tell my boss).
That is a windows 2000 machine.
There the problem does not show up.

Ah, could it be OS dependent?

Another windows 2000 machine
No problem

A windows 95 machine.
It took 8 seconds for the authentication popup to show, without the
sendmail it popped up immediately.

Why would a sendmail in an error_message cause the authentication popup to
wait for 25 seconds to show up,?
even in the case that there is a misconfiguration of ..things.. I don't see
the connection
Is it OS related? It seems to be.

Suggestions for more tests?

Hans de Wit