[Zope] newline_to_br without breaking source code

webmaster@winkelmaenner.de webmaster@winkelmaenner.de
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:40:12 +0100

The rendered HTML sourcecode from zope always breaks the line, when
somebody wrote text in a textarea field and used several lines manually.

I can remove these "\n newlines" with javascript in the moment when
somebody sends his form but then i have no possibility to have them
back.
For example in a tag like <dtml-var textAreaInputWithLinebreak
newline_to_br>

But i want to use it also in a <a href> tag like this:
OnMouseOver="useUserTextAreaInput('<dtml-var
textAreaInputWithLinebreak>')"
and in 'normal' <dtml> tag like this:
<dtml-var textAreaInputWithLinebreak newline_to_br>

In the jacascript version the sourcecode will be broken without <br>
In the dtml version the sourcecode will also be broken but also with

The javascript version returns in every case an error.

thanks for help
harry