[Zope] Zope-2.5.0 randomly restarting?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:26:26 -0500

Sven,

Please read http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Projects/MakeZopeStable and
try to answer all of the questions provided on the page.

Thanks!

- C

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Rudolph" <sven@spaghetticode.de>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 4:48 PM
Subject: [Zope] Zope-2.5.0 randomly restarting?

> Hello Zope users!
>
> I have a pretty confusing problem. After several weeks of develpoment we
finally kicked out our old (commercial, closed source, low support) CMS and
went online with our webpage, now driven by zope. Everything works fine, the
performance is great and for us programmers it's just heaven :-)
> But...
> The zope server is restarting several times a day (intervalls between 1/2
hour to 6 hours) and I can't find out how or why.
> We have a developement server here at the office, which is a complete
mirror of our live server, and which is used for save developement of new
products. This development server behaves well and restarts only if click on
"Restart" on the "Control_Panel".
> But traffic on our dev. server is not existant (our tests only), whereas
our live server produces about 12-15 megs of logfiles per day (about 60000
to 70000 requests).
> The only reason I can imaging is system memory. Our live server only has
512 megs RAM for 266742objects/260megsData.fs. We already ordered another
GByte, but they won't arrive until next week. So I tuned down the caching
parameters to "Target Size=1100" and "Target max time between accesses=60",
with no effect. The server keeps restarting.
> Then I had a look at "top". It told me that the server never consumed more
than 50% of system memory (usually only 20%, cpu load never goes beyond
20%). Sometimes the server restarts at only 10% memory.