[Zope] newbie question: restart zope remotely?

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
18 Feb 2002 08:56:04 +0100

"Robert Hood, Ph.D." <rhood@mtsu.edu> writes:

> console to restart zope (version 2.5, windows).  In the past zope has
> come right back up, no problem.  But not this time.  So I'm not
> geographically near my server, and was wondering if I can run a script
> to restart remotely?

That's one of the reasons not to use Windows for server tasks.

In case the machine still runs it would be possible to solve the
situation using a remote control program like VNC
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/). Still this has some security
implications because VNC itself doesn't have encrypted communication
builtin.

Regards, Frank
--
CTO   fte@Lightwerk.com         http://www.Lightwerk.com/
Fax: +49-2434-80 07 94           Phone: +49-2434-80 07 81