[Zope] FTP/WebDAV editing in version (proposed interface)

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski@bigfoot.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:00:56 +0100

I would really love to edit zope objects via FTP or WebDAV within the
version. I know that it is possible to hack z2.py this way, but this is
unelegant and troublesome on updates.

And ... there is in Zope similar problem with perfect solution: changing
URLs and VirtualHostMonster. And one could do almost the same.

Would be really nice if editing

ftp://my.zope.site:8021/_Version_/SomeVersionName/some/document
or even
ftp://my.zope.site:8021/SomeVersionName/some/document

changed /some/document withing version SomeVersionName (created on the
top Zope level).

Similarly, for the versions on the lower levels:

ftp://my.zope/site:8021/somedir/SomeVersionName/some/document

Would it be hard to be implemented?