[Zope] Python 2.2 RPMs OK for Zope 2.5.x on RH 7.2?

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:37:14 -0500

>Does anyone have any feedback on whether the Zope 2.5.x series will
>coexist nicely with the Python 2.2 RH7.2 RPMs at
>http://www.python.org/2.2/rpms.html ?

The python2 rpm version 2.2-2 can quite happily coexist with the python2.1
rpm version 2.1.2-1
Python 2.1.2 is what you want for Zope 2.5.0 though.

If you have both installed then
/usr/bin/python2
/usr/lib/python2.2/
/usr/bin/python2.1
/usr/lib/python2.1/
will all exist without stepping on each other.

You'll want to extract the Zope source tarball then compile using
"python2.1 wo_pcgi.py" for example.
You'll need python2.1-devel-2.1.2-1 and python2.1-2.1.2-1 installed.

As far as Zope rpms go, I've been working on rolling some for 2.5.0 and
it's turning out to be pain. The simplest working spec file I can come up
with to generate simple Zope, Zope-zserver, and Zope-pcgi packages weighs
in at ~500 lines and doesn't install without a --nodeps :(  And I'm still
chasing that bug....

Adam