[Zope] dtml-var weirdness

Joseph A Knapka jknapka@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:41:52 +0000

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Joseph A Knapka writes:
>  > Stupid question of the day:
> This does not seem stupid at all!
>
>  > Why might the following code result in a KeyError? It does
>  > in some contexts under Zope 2.5.0.
>  >
>  > <dtml-if expr="REQUEST.has_key('xyz')">
>  > <dtml-else>
>  >   <dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('xyz','Hello world')">
>  > </dtml-if>
>  >
>  > Sometimes the next line results in a KeyError, value 'xyz':
>  >
>  > <dtml-var name="xyz">
>  >
>  > In such cases, this works fine:
>  >
>  > <dtml-with REQUEST only>
>  >   <dtml-var name="xyz">
>  > </dtml-with>
> This appears to be a bug.
>
>    When you happen to reproduce it, we may be able to analyse its cause.

OK. I have production code that demonstrates the problem,
but I haven't got a simple test case to break yet. I'll
attempt to have something analyzable within the next
couple of days.

Thanks,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"