[Zope] ZCatalog: Possibly corrupted Date Field Indexes in Zope 2.3.3

Andreas Jung andreas@andreas-jung.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:22:51 -0500

Is this behaviour reproducable under a new version ? 2.4.4, 2.5.0 ?

Andreas

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan Carlsson [Torped]" <johanc@torped.se>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 03:09
Subject: [Zope] ZCatalog: Possibly corrupted Date Field Indexes in Zope
2.3.3

Hi all,
We have just experienced a strange phenomena in the ZCatalog of Zope 2.3.3.

Everything seems to work alright except for searches using range:min,
range:max
and range:min:max on field indexes indexing dates.

Using ranges on field indexes with dates result in empty result sets.

To solve the problem we just had to remove the ZCatalog, re add it and
re index all items. The it worked perfect again.

The web master for the site claims that the error occurred sometime
during the night. (This might be a false observation from his account.)
Anyway, undoing all transaction one day back past the supposed
"event" that might have triggered the corruption didn't solve the problem.

So I wonder:

1. What could have happen?
2. Could it be that something not of Date type had been indexed?
3. How could I investigate what did happen?
     Is there any logging capability that might trap this kind of failures?
     (I'm currently waiting for a CD with all log files and the corrupted
Data.fs.)

Thanks in advance,
Johan Carlsson

torped strategi och kommunikation ab