[Zope] Use Page Template to emulate standard_html_footer and header

Robin Smidsrod robin@etools.no
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:35:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Harry Wilkinson wrote:

> The usual ZPT-ish way to do this is to have one main macro (often called
> 'master') which has the header, the footer, and a METAL slot in between them.
>  In any pages that you want to use the standard header and footer with, you
> just do metal:use-macro="here/main_template/macros/master" or similar to
> that, and then put your page content into a metal:fill-slot block.
>
> So, rather than put the header and footer inside each page, you put your page
> content inside a standard wrapper.

I understand and have used this successfully. The problem is that I have a
lot of DTML pages which I'd try to avoid rewriting to page
templates. But I'd also try to avoid to duplicate code in the page
template and the standard_html_footer/header.