[Zope] ZCatalog help

Keith Alperin KAlperin@ignitesports.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:31:45 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1BB06.03CDACB4

Greetings Zopistas!

I'm currently working on a site which requires that I store City, State =
and Country entries in a hierarchy such that multiple cities can roll up =
under a state and multiple states can roll up under a country.  To =
accomplish this, I have a created a small python product called =
LocationManager which stores data as follows:

USA
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Massachusetts
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Boston
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Lexington
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Concord
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Illinois
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Chicago
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Evanston
=A0=A0=A0=A0 California
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Los Angeles
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 San Diego
Canada
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Quebec
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Montreal
etc

What i would like to do is use a Catalog to flatten that data out and =
enable me to retrieve all of the cities in one fell swoop.  I've read =
over the ZCatalog tutorial and have searched zope.org, and I think I see =
how to catalog properties of products.  However, I haven't really found =
anything that describes:
a)  How to build a python product that is catalog aware?
b)  How do i retrieve the data from the catalog without a search =
interface?

URLs to any resources, or any answers to my questions would be MOST =
appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Keith R. Alperin

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1BB06.03CDACB4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
6.0.5762.3">
<TITLE>ZCatalog help</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Greetings Zopistas!<BR>
<BR>
I'm currently working on a site which requires that I store City, State =
and Country entries in a hierarchy such that multiple cities can roll up =
under a state and multiple states can roll up under a country.&nbsp; To =
accomplish this, I have a created a small python product called =
LocationManager which stores data as follows:<BR>
<BR>
USA<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Massachusetts<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Boston<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Lexington<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Concord<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Illinois<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Chicago<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Evanston<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0 California<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Los Angeles<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 San Diego<BR>
Canada<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0 Quebec<BR>
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Montreal<BR>
etc<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
What i would like to do is use a Catalog to flatten that data out and =
enable me to retrieve all of the cities in one fell swoop.&nbsp; I've =
read over the ZCatalog tutorial and have searched zope.org, and I think =
I see how to catalog properties of products.&nbsp; However, I haven't =
really found anything that describes:<BR>
a)&nbsp; How to build a python product that is catalog aware?<BR>
b)&nbsp; How do i retrieve the data from the catalog without a search =
interface?<BR>
<BR>
URLs to any resources, or any answers to my questions would be MOST =
appreciated.<BR>
<BR>
Thanks so much,<BR>
Keith R. Alperin<BR>