[Zope] ObjectManager instance as an attribute of python product

Ross Patterson rossp@ppc.ucsc.edu
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:04:26 -0800 (PST)

I've written python base classes with something like this:

class MyObjectManager( CatalogAware, ObjectManager ):
	pass

class MyClass( CatalogAware ):
	contents=MyObjectManager()

In a ZClass that subclasses MyClass I create a view (amongst others)
that points to a dtml method like this:

<dtml-with contents><dtml-var manage_main></dtml-with>

I can access the view on an instance of the ZClass, but when I do so,
I lose all the management tabs for the MyClass ZClass and none of the
links are correct in that they all point to ".../MyInstance/manage..."
intead of ".../MyInstance/contents/manage...".

There's plainly a lot I'm not getting here, and I'm not at all sure
where to go from here.  Thanks for your help.

| Ross Patterson			rossp@cats.ucsc.edu	|
| Programmer/Analyst			(831)459-2792		|
| Physical Planning & Construction	Fax:(831)423-7436	|
| UC Santa Cruz				http:www2.ucsc.edu/ppc	|