[Zope] How to prevent concurrent access to the same object?

kapil thangavelu k_vertigo@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:26:31 -0800

hi alexei,

if you really want locking you can do it via a using a module as a shared
namespace between zope threads to store lock variables.

a simple example in most pseudcode

inside a module SpecialAppFileLocks.py

_lock_storage = {}
_storage_lock = Lock()

def get_lock(file_id):
   _storage_lock.acquire()

   file_lock = _locks.get(file_id)
   if not file_lock:
	_lock_storage[file_id]=Lock()
   _storage_lock.release()

   file_lock.aqcuire()

def release_lock(file_id):
    _storage_lock.acquire()
    file_lock = _lock_storage.get(file_id)
    file_lock.release()
    _storage_lock.release()

probably best to wrap the storage locking code in a try: finally clause.

hth.

kapil