[Zope] WebDAV Locks - MS Office 2000

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:46:11 +0100

Hi Chris,

last month, you reported problems with Office 2000 and Zope.
We now run into apparently the same problem.

I also found Werner's excellent analysis of your problem.

    I was puzzled by the strange, surely non-standard,
    "Ms-Author-Via: DAV" header in the "OPTIONS" output.
    The source documentation suggests it is
    "an borg-specific header for ie5".

    I am (almost) convinced that this header is responsible for
    Office 2000 trying to open the documents via WebDAV.

I will remove this header (set in "webdav.Resource.OPTIONS") in
our installation because we do not use Office 2000 for authoring
Zope content. Maybe, this is an option for you, too.

Dieter