[Zope] Web publishing using Zope and GNU TeXmacs

Joris van der Hoeven TeXmacs@math.u-psud.fr
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:50:03 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Adam Fields wrote:

> Joris van der Hoeven says:
>
> > > I believe there are a few packages that do LaTeX conversion to HTML
> > > and maintain the formulas as images. I don't see why you couldn't do
> > > the same thing here.
> >
> > TeXmacs is *not* a TeX/LaTeX dialect (see http://www.texmacs.org/Web/FAQ.html
> ) ;
> > the TeXmacs document format is currently somewhere between LaTeX and XML ;
>
> I know. But that doesn't mean you can't take a similar approach.

The best thing would be to write an appropriate filter though,
also because TeXmacs, unlike LaTeX, supports things like hyperlinks.
Furthermore, writing such a converter should not be too difficult (the other
way around is usually more complicated, especially in the case of (La)TeX).
In order to get an idea: I just rewrote a better TeXmacs -> LaTeX converter
in approximately a week; but LaTeX is more complicated than Html...

> > it is rather moving in the direction of XML (precisely in order to make
> > web publishing easier, as well as to provide a "new generation" type of
> > XML editor).
>
> In that case, formula conversion to SVG images might be the right
> way to go.

Or postscript or pdf...

-Joris-

Joris van der Hoeven <vdhoeven@texmacs.org>