[Zope] File Upload via python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:38:20 +0100

Jonathan Bryant writes:
 > I've been playing around with Zope for several days and really like it. I'm
 > amazed at how simple so many things that take alot of effort in php, asp
 > etc. are amazingly simple in Zope. One of those things is file upload,...
 > What I'd like to do is easily grab the filename:
 >
 > context.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFile(item.filename, item_title,
 > item)
This should work as you write it here.

 > My question is, how do I get the filename or headers? I'm guessing that when
 > I reference 'item' I'm getting a FileUpload object.
Right!

 > What confuses me is that
 > I can't reference item.filename or item.headers['Content-Type']. I've also
 > tried using REQUEST['item'].filename like I've seen in several examples.
All of these should work!

The access to "headers" may throw an "Unauthorized" exception
because in former Zope versions, a security declaration was missing
(not sure about the current version).

What happens for you: an "Unauthorized" exception, an "AttributeError",
or what?

We always want good problem descriptions.
Such descriptions contain "Error Type", "Error Value"
and usually (at least) the last part of the resulting traceback!

Dieter