[Zope] another one

Laurie Nason lnason@bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:00:47 -0600

Not sure about the lack of the REQUEST object problem - but I believe that
the split statement belongs in the string library so you should have:
<dtml-let newDate="_.string.split(date,'/')" month="newDate[1]"
day="newDate[2]" year="newDate[0]">
Plus - I probably wouldn't use the name date as a variable name - can be
trouble!

Laurie
-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of D.
Rick Anderson
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 10:57 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] another one

I'm trying to reformat a date that I'm getting from our Sybase server. I
get it in yyyy/mm/dd format and I'm trying to change it to mm/dd/yyyy
format. I've created a DTML method called fixDate that looks like this:

<dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('date', _.str(date))">
<dtml-let newDate="date.split('/')" month="newDate[1]" day="newDate[2]"
year="newDate[0]">
<dtml-var month>/<dtml-var day>/<dtml-var year>
</dtml-let>

It works if I call http://www.ourdomain.com/fixDate?date=2002/12/25, but
if I try to use it from a DTML document I get:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'REQUEST' is not defined

If I take out the first line then I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: split

which is what prompted me to put it in to begin with. Any ideas?

TIA

Rick