[Zope] another one

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:18:38 +0100

D. Rick Anderson writes:
 > I'm trying to reformat a date that I'm getting from our Sybase server. I
 > get it in yyyy/mm/dd format and I'm trying to change it to mm/dd/yyyy
 > format. I've created a DTML method called fixDate that looks like this:
 >
 > <dtml-call expr="REQUEST.set('date', _.str(date))">
 > <dtml-let newDate="date.split('/')" month="newDate[1]" day="newDate[2]"
 > year="newDate[0]">
 > <dtml-var month>/<dtml-var day>/<dtml-var year>
 > </dtml-let>
 >
 > It works if I call http://www.ourdomain.com/fixDate?date=2002/12/25, but
 > if I try to use it from a DTML document I get:
 >
 > Error Type: NameError
 > Error Value: global name 'REQUEST' is not defined
Looks like a standard error: calling a DTML object without
its two positional arguments. Please read the "Calling DTML objects"
section in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

 > If I take out the first line then I get:
 >
 > Error Type: AttributeError
 > Error Value: split
Then your "date" is a "DateTime" object which does not have
a "split" method (as you probably understand).

You can use "_.str(date).split('/')", instead.

Dieter