[Zope] Re: [Jython-users] Jython and Zope

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:36:32 +0000

Terry Hancock wrote:

> Nicolas Bill Russell wrote:
> > I just want to know if Jython is supported by Zope? I'm new to Python
> > so go easy on me. :)
>
> As far as I know (and I've been looking -- still am),
> there's no direct support for Jython in Zope. However,
> Jython is strictly a *client-side* technology and
> Zope is strictly *server-side* -- so in principle, there
> isn't much overlap.

Urm, I think you may be misunderstanding Jython. Jython is an implementation of
the Python language in Java rather than C, as used by normal python.

So, as such, Jython is only as client-side as python is.

However, you can't run Zope on Jython because Zope requires several C-Extensions
to Python which wouldn't work under Jython.

cheers,

Chris