[Zope] Saving files to zope using Dreamweaver?

Enoch Norton enochsnorton@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:39:37 -0700

I am a really new user of Zope. In going through the Zope book I am stumped
in the following section. I seem to be missing some very important key piece
of information. I have tried to save my Dreamweaver templates to the
../index_html/source.html. However because index_html is not a folder the
ftp client in Dreamweaver will not allow me to access the url. I guess I
don't understand how one is supposed to save a file to a URL when the
file.Save As.. option is dependent upon directories. If anyone has some
insight to offer please let me know.

**** Cut From Zope Book*** Using Zope Page Templates

Now, log into your Zope and create a folder called FileLib. In this folder,
create a Page Template called index_html by selecting Page Template from the
add menu, specifying the Id index_html in the form, and clicking Add.

????????????????????? I don't understand this section ??????????????????

Now, with your HTML editor, save the above HTML to the URL of the index_html
Page Template followed by /source.html, for example,
http://localhost:8080/FileLib/index_html/source.html. Notice that the URL to
save the index_html page ends in source.html. Because Page Templates are
dynamic, you need a way to edit the raw source of the template, unrendered
by the page template language. Appending source.html to a Page Template
gives you this raw source. Note, if the content-type of your page is
text/xml then you'll use source.xml, rather than source.html.

Now that you've saved the template, you can go back to Zope and click on
index_html and then click on its Test tab to view the template. It looks
just like it the mock-up, so everything is going well.