[Zope] user accounts

Richard Hewison richard.hewison@luton.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:27:50 GMT

On 26 Feb 2002, at 20:47, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> I saw recently something which might be similar:
>
>      All of a sudden, some "acl_users" objects went away.
>
>      Of course, login via these formerly existing user folders
>      were no longer possible.
>
>      Restarting Zope solved the problem for some days. Then,
>      the "acl_users" disappeared again.
>
> Upgrading to Zope 2.5 *AND* Python 2.1.2 solved the problem...
> It was almost surely caused by the known memory corruption
> problems in Zope 2.4.x (with 1 <= x <= 3) and Python 2.1.1.

Well, this has happened to us in the last week (acl_user objects
vanishing) but it isn't the problem we've been experiencing for
months. The object usually still exists, but Zope just refuses to
accept them as genuine users when you try and login as them.

However, an upgrade to 2.5 and to the more recent Python sounds
like a good idea regardless.

Richard H.